Monday, January 26, 2009

Chinese New Year '09

WARNING: Not a happy post.




GONG XI FA CHOI

Happy Chinese New Year
Xun Nin Fai Lok
Yeap.

Got lots of AngPaos?
Li Si?
Red Packets?

Whatever you call it.

I like to call it Ang Paos.
It's just disgusting to call it Li Si.
If you know Canto,
you'll totally get what I mean.

If not,
go ask someone.

Anyway,
this is a pretty depressing post.
>.>

I am missing home.

Although I had steamboat/hotpot family tradition
last night,
It wasn't the same.

Every Chinese New Year,
My family would go back to
Penang
(in Malaysia aka parents hometown)
to celebrate
New Years.

It was crazy.
So many people in the house.
Grandparents
Cousins
Aunts
Uncles
Distant Cousins
People from China who I'm related to and don't even know
Friends
yeap.
Family like everywhere you turn.

There's the-
New clothes
of course,
FOODDDD
Card Games
Red Packets!!
Steamboat/HotPot

I think that's the best part.
When the entire family has dinner together.
It's just so much fun.
We'd have like 3 hotpots,
4tables
and a bunch of family and friends.

It's crazy.
The adults talk the night away
The uncles get drunk... sometimes...
We kids are playing Big 3,
drinking so much soda we loose track...
I mean A LOT.
I think I used to drink like 10cans in one day
or more.
No kidding.

The next day I'd tag along with my cousins when they went to visit their relatives.
Just so I can get more Red Packets.
hehehe
It was fun.
Lots of fun.

This year was certainly not the best.
Nothing really has been lately.
T_T"
I sound so emo.

One positive thing is...
I got 1 dollar from school.
Asian Club.
LOL
That sounds so pathetic.
-.-

To sum it all up.
Chinese New Years
this year,
SUCKS.
big time.



No comments: